2012年1月15日星期日

RAZR X Tour Review

For over a decade, Callaway's signature line of irons, the X Series, has made the company one of the dominant forces in category. From the X-12 to the X-24 Hot, they blended forgiveness and power in game-improvement models, while better-player models incorporated more shot-shaping feel.
You can now say goodbye to the X Series and hello to three models of new RAZR irons. Yes, there's an X on the back of the club, but these irons are built on a different foundation than their predecessors.
The RAZR X is a game-improvement iron that has a huge hitting area. Replacing the X-22 and X-24 Hot in Callaway's line, each of the eight irons in the standard RAZR X set are made using a new variable face thickness technology, which makes the hitting area thinner as you move away from the center. This feature broadens the sweet spot and maintains ball speed on off-center hits.
The sole design allows the irons to feel just as advertised. They play like they are made for low-mid handicappers but are forgiving on mishits. On one shot today I hit towards the toe about a ¾" but the ball went straight, just lost a bit of distance. Otherwise they were easy to use. I don't have distances down yet but they seem long. I like the balance with regular TT R300 shafts. The trajectory is what you would expect from these shafts. The ball gets up nicely with no ballooning. With the new 2011 groove specs they seem to spin the ball well. So far I cannot tell much difference. I hit a lot of shots with the AW which is 50* more like a PW. Anyway, the TM AW I had with graphite spun the ball very well. I'll have to see how this one is on the course. On the range I could get them to stick, seems to spin OK.

Today I played 18 holes with these Callaway RAZR X Tour Irons and they performed perfectly and with ease. I like the less offset look and Callaway RAZR X Tour Irons set up nicely. My normal ball flight is straight and these went right at the flag. On the 18th hole I hit a 7 Callaway RAZR X Tour Irons to the green with a big headwind and put it a few feet from the pin. I hit a few close with the AW and overall am very satisfied with these irons. I plan on keeping these in the bag for now.

没有评论:

发表评论