2012年1月16日星期一

Play X-Forged with Good Control

After receiving feedback straight from Tour players, Callaway Golf designers decided to refine the X-Forged Irons. The end result is precision clubs that let elite players dissect the course. Forged from soft carbon steel, the Callaway X-Forged Irons head has been redesigned with more bounce and camber and a tighter sole radius. The thin topline, narrow sole and short blade length allow for excellent workability. The Flighted CG Design produces strong trajectories and premium distance control while the new Progressive Dual Notch Weighting allows weight to be precisely positioned for optimized performance throughout the set.
The Callaway X-Forged Irons 2009 are a modern looking blade iron, designed primarily for the very good golfers of this world. The clubs come fitted with Royal Precision ProjectX Steel shafts.
Sporting a classic look without the extravagant graphics that can be seen on other Callaway Irons such as the Big Bertha Diablo’s. The Callaway X-Forged Irons are serious looking clubs made for high ability, serious golfers.
At address they really do set up very well, and feel good in your hands, despite what are slightly smallish Callaway X-Forged Irons heads. Admittedly they are a touch heavier than a lot of other irons, but this is something that most players will just take a few swings to get used to.
Just got my new Callaway X-Forged Irons this weekend. Had a chance to work with them at the range. I tried a couple different shaft options; the fitter shafted a couple different heads for me to give a go. I decided on X100 shafts, and I am glad that I did. These shafts have great feel, and lots of power. I was shocked how easy I could swing and get the distance and control I wanted. This set up has a really nice soft feel at impact, but the shafts are really stiff. 

I tried the project X 6.5 and 7.0 shafts, and it is just a really different feel. It felt like I was swinging baseball bats, but after a couple large buckets of balls I was getting the feel. In the end the X100's were the best option for me. The flighted technology:
At first I was concerned that I may have gotten the wrong shafts because my 6 iron was flying higher than I thought it would. But then I got my four irons, and my concern was gone. Really nice low penetrating shots. 

I am surprised Golf Digest only gave this club a silver rating. The comment that Six handicaper Justin Timberlake, struggled with this club is odd. I am a 10, and I see these clubs really helping my game. A club like the X-Forged that has great feel, and lots of power will really help me with my tempo. It is not a hard club to hit, but it will bite you if you get fast or lazy with your swing. 

没有评论:

发表评论